Friday, September 16, 2011

Book tour

It is so exciting to start packing my bags for the book tour, and to hear from friends who are planning to be there. Yesterday I had a great surprise. Garrison Keillor, the author/storyteller/radio personality, who has a great radio program, prairiehome.publicradio.org sent me a message on Face Book! He said that he "liked" South With the Sun!  For years, I've listened to him tell wonderful mythical stories about people who live around Lake Wobegon, tales of Vikings, ice mermaids, and ice fishermen, and in his stories he illuminates the great polar explorers Amundsen and Nansen. It is wonderful to share the same heroes, and draw from the same source of inspiration. I wonder what it would be like to swim across Lake Wobegon or go ice fishing with Garrison Keillor?

No comments:

Post a Comment